So Cute N SpooKy

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dinner and Kickboxing....

I'm thrilled with the positive feedback I've received from those who have read my blog. I was hesitant to start one figuring people would just roll their eyes and be like whatever Keely...psssh....


glitter-graphics.com

Then I realized that talking about what I'm going through truly will help me along the way. The only person that's going to change my life is myself...so might as well blog about it. LoL

Today was a little exciting...my first trip to the "Healthy" food store to explore and see what I can conjure up to munch on...I was like a lil kid browsing and making weird faces...The what in the hell is this...face.. and the... oooOOOOoooh a whole wall of TEA! face...haha.. o.O

So I picked up a few items, and found I was excited to get home and cut up broccoli...hmm? Strange..

A good friend of mine came down to visit today and it was wonderful hearing about her adventures in NY, and catching up on some well needed girl talk. We hadn't seen each other in about a month. Then came the obstacle of *dramatic background music* DINNER!!!! EEeeeep!

I explained to her my whole situation and had her read the previous blog. So now where to eat and what to eat?? We decided on Ruby Tuesday...they have a salad bar. I didn't feel like eating a salad for dinner..I really wanted some Portofino's pizza...mmmmMMMmm PIZZA!! No no no god..I feel like such a five yr scolding my self like come on girl you just started..stop thinking about damn pizza...


So after a ridiculous adventure to find this place because I'm directionally challenged and well theres just never a dull moment...lol So we get there and I'm all doo do ooo doo looking over the menu...hmmm...ok stay focused...FOCUS..haha So I order a water...with lemon....two veggie mini burgers and salad bar. Now you realize the veggie minis come with fries...and on buns. I'm so trying to stay away from carbs..not completely Shit I'm only human I need a carb here and there, but damn now I'm going to have fries and buns staring at me. Pssh...

So off to the salad bar! Normally I'd totally go in for the kill...pile that shit on! BACON,PASTA/POTATO SALAD, CRACKERS, ...the works!! This time I looked at my options and thought...well happy ending...or pointless suffering? So I went for the spinach, tomatoes, onion, lil sprinkle of egg for a kick, mushrooms, and light dressing just a lil...I splurged and put a spoonful of cottage cheese on the corner with three grapes. No Bacon...No Pasta or Potato salad..No Crackers...I walked back to my seat thinking..you can do this see that was easy!

Meanwhile I'm thinking damn I want a cigarette, and shit that Potato salad looked awesome...

I sat down and munched away chatting it up with my friend, then dinner arrived...perfect two mini veggie burgers on two perfect carb infested buns! And rock on we have golden hot fries that smell like heaven! So it's decision making time again...happy ending or feeling guilty all night. I ate those lil mini veggie burgers and enjoyed them very much! Just took off the buns and made a lil tower out of em on my plate. Called it carb castle... o.O ok ok so I ate three french fries....I'm only human...Just three and the rest went away with the carb castle...

After dinner I sooo wanted a cigarette i dunno maybe its just the force of habit issue when spending time out with friends driving around I always used to smoke and bullshit. Good thing the friend I was with had quit smoking a few weeks ago, so we had some gum and ventured off to Manifest to browse. Manifest is this amazing movie, music, memorabilia store in Charlotte...fucking awesome! I turn into instant 5 yr old once through the door...Theres so many horror collectibles, cd's, shirts, stickers, and dvds pssh its just that awesome. So I bought something...A kickboxing DVD! Yes! I'm super excited. Once my body stops friggin hurting. I'm sore from my workout this morning... =/ However It's totally worth I keep telling myself. Just keep moving...think sexy dress...think clothes cost less for skinny people...lol!



So hopefully tomm I can try a lil kickboxing if I'm not in too much pain...You know the classic "You really feel it the next day" syndrome. I'm excited though either way even if it's just some crunches I'll get something in tomm. My mom just told me she bought me Pilates for dummies! I'm so excited I can't wait til it arrives! Weee! Haha!


Well that about sum up today's ramble...I'm off like a dirty shirt! 

No comments:

Post a Comment